Conditions of Entrance
Please read carefully before visiting us.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRANCE
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-29839734-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);
The following conditions have been introduced due to the nature of our location. Wraysbury Dive Centre is part of a nature reserve and as such we all have a responsibility to ensure that our centre is preserved for all to enjoy. Your understanding is appreciated. We would also like to remind you that during our opening hours this is a place of work, therefore, everybody that enters this site must consider themselves in an ‘at work’ situation and therefore governed by Health & Safety Diving at Work Regulations 1997.
- Please arrive and leave in a quiet manner.
- Please drink responsibly if using the bar and adhere to your training agency’s guidelines regarding drinking and diving.
- Whilst on site please drive very slowly, park as directed by staff and have respect for others.
- Keep the volume of car radios down low.
- Children must be controlled and supervised at all times and never left alone. They are not allowed on any of the jetties or on the slipway unless they are kitted up and ready to dive. They are not allowed to paddle.
- No ball games.
- Well-controlled dogs are welcome but must be supervised and kept on a lead at all times. They are not allowed on any of the jetties, slipway or in the water. They MUST be cleaned up after. Please follow all directions given by Wraysbury Dive Centre staff.
- Do not run, shout, wave or blow whistles (unless there is an emergency).
- All personal litter is to be removed from site to prevent injury to wildlife.
- No barbecues, naked flames or charging of vehicles with fuel allowed on site.
- The use of portable compressors is not permitted anywhere on site.
- The compressor room is strictly out of bounds to all members of the public.
- A map of the lake, with bearings, is on display in the main building for all.
- All diving schools, instructors, clubs and other divers who use Wraysbury Dive Centre must operate within the requirements of the Diving at Work Regulations 1997.
- All divers must dive within the safe diving practices of the diving association qualification they hold or are training for.
- No solo diving unless qualified AND with the express permission of Wraysbury Dive Centre.
- All rebreather divers to make themselves known to a member of Wraysbury Dive Centre staff before commencing their dive.
- All visitors must report to the main building and those diving must sign in on the form provided in the main building before commencing activities.
- No standing in the shallow areas of the lake.
- Carry out your diving activity with as little disturbance to visibility as possible for the safety of other divers.
- No DPV’s are to be used without the express permission of Wraysbury Dive Centre and never at weekends.
- All exercises, skills and scenarios must be performed on platforms provided but do not go underneath them.
- No guidelines, ropes or SMB lines are to be laid unless permission has been given by Wraysbury Dive Centre.
- Do not damage or remove pieces of the objects of interest in the water or cause any harm to the wildlife and divers above or below the water.
- All entrances and exits to the lake must be kept clear from kit and personal belongings at all times in case of emergency.
- Do not enter or go under any objects of interest underwater.
- Wraysbury Dive Centre does not a have professional rescue team but will effect a rescue to the best of their abilities.
- No swimming unless with the express permission of Wraysbury Dive Centre.
- All rescue courses must be reported to a member of Wraysbury staff in the main building before commencement and carried out where instructed to do so.
- In the case of any emergency please report to the main building immediately.